Experience open communication and stay involved in your child’s early education.
Collaborating and developing a partnership with parents is paramount to us. Parents are their child’ first teacher and know their child best. The knowledge and understanding you have about your child is precious. We value any contribution or input you can make to the centre programme.
Each step of your child’s learning journey will be documented in a learning journal, we anticipate your involvement by sharing stories and photos from home of your child’s interests, special events and precious moments.
Our Preschool in Hamilton | Our Events
You are welcome to drop in anytime to visit your child. Parents and whanau will be invited throughout the year to centre events – parent evenings, grandparent day, picnics and other social events.
We Partner with You
Play to Learn Early Learning Centre sees parents as equal partners in their child’s learning journey and we invite you to contribute in the following ways:
- Daily communication between educators, parents and children are essential. We welcome parents and children when you arrive each day. They will have the opportunity to discuss any concerns or share any stories at arrival and pick up time.
- Parents are encouraged to phone, visit, spend time in the preschool centre and share their aspirations for their child.
- The preschool centre will regularly email parents and update the website and/or Facebook with up and coming events.
- Children under two years of age will have a home to centre notebook.
- Children’s learning journals are available at all times. We use StoryPark online so you and your extended family can see the progress of your beautiful children instantly!
- Trips into the community and further a field will be planned based on children’s interests.
- Strong relationships are formed with outside agencies. Parents are able to draw resources from Specialist Education Services, Vision and Hearing agencies and Speech therapists when required.
- Parents are encouraged to share their creative ideas, skills and resources to make the programme as diverse and dynamic as possible.